Thursday, April 2, 2009

That One Day...with all the hubub...

sinking into my mattress, gravity doing it's work on my eyelids, Time has again pulled a fast one on me. As soon as it actually set in that today is my birthday, I was immediately reminded of my birthday last year. A year? already? was it really 365 days ago that Coco and I sat in our philosophy class and he made a big scene for me? It is hard to believe that that beautiful sunny day full of introspection and questioning the actual celebration itself took place so long ago. many thoughts ago...a million plans ago...

this year with so much happening in my life and on the eve of such adventure, the expectation that normally comes with impending birthdays has diminished...though now i sit here with this feeling like when you are driving somewhere new and all of the sudden you think, "was I supposed to turn back there?"...execpt it is more like, "Is something supposed to be happening now?

YES. sure always.

and on that beautiful train ride home. it did happen...a musical duo, performing on eukaleli, kazoo, and accordion told jokes and performed with vigor to a mostly uninterested audience...i enjoyed their persistence, and that they didn't take themselves to seriously...I laughed out loud, and gave them a dollar to thank them for the birthday gift...

made the dollar back plus four more when I sold a condom to a curious young hipster from upstate NY...we dove into travel talk as I convinced her to buy a condom as a birthday present to me...she tried to make a deal, but I smiled big and just said no...her energy was, well now I'm dozing off trying to find a poetic way to describe her...a tough beauty, small but condfident...with a smile that said "hello, I want to know you..." with that smile, and a piece of paper with her name and the name of a bar, we went...

and now I rest for my big day...

love

No comments: