Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Practice Blog

Inspired both by three dear friends who keep what i consider to be the top three blogs of all time, and by the constant suggestion of people to "blog" my adventures this year, I am attempting to make this a habit...I have been hesitant to do so because I worry that I will share my best stories on this site. Then when I get back from my travels, I will see people, begin to tell them a story or joke and they will interrupt me with the punchline, having already read it on this site. I also have a small, fear that when the Y2K bug finally kicks in, all of my precious writing will be lost forever...yes, i know i can back it all up on an external hard drive, but call me old-fashioned, I just prefer writing in my journal...As I have started writing quite a bit in the past months I will use this as my tool to document events and keep track of my day-to-day life on the road. The journal will be used primarily for reflections, stream-of-consciousness thinking on paper, and experimental type stuff, (some people call this type of writing 'poetry')...it feels kinda silly to even be saying this on a public journal...as i reread it, i am already thinking, "who gives a shit?...this is the most boring blog ever-written." off to a good start...

also, be prepared for an abundance of ellipses...

No comments: